noun[as modifier] Chemistry
- Of or denoting the acyl radical —CHO, derived from formic acid: N-formyl methionineMore example sentences
- Two spectroscopic signatures associated with formyl group CH modes suggest that P740 is a dimeric Chl d-containing species.
- Once the formyl group is removed, it prevents higher than expected O parameters.
- Sfgh catalyzes the second step in the detoxification reaction, in which glutathione is restored and the formyl group is released as formate.
More definitions of formylDefinition of formyl in:
- The British & World English dictionary