- 1A phonograph record played at 45 rpm; a single.More example sentences
- The case was full of seventy-eights and forty-fives, about a hundred of them.
- 2 (often .45) A 45-caliber revolver.More example sentences
- Although its motivation is unclear, Peter P. Gillis notes that the change of caliber is an anomaly - all forty-fives are six shooters.
- You can use a variety of weapons, such as forty-fives, machine guns, sniper rifles, shotguns, or a tranquilizer pistol, and you'll frequently have backup from CPU allies who can really take care of themselves.
More definitions of forty-fiveDefinition of forty-five in:
- The British & World English dictionary