Definition of four-eyed fish in English:
A small livebearing freshwater fish of tropical America. Each eye is divided into two, allowing the fish to see both above and below the water while swimming at the surface.
- Family Anablepidae and genus Anableps: several species
- One of the strangest fish in the world is Anableps anableps, commonly called the ‘four-eyed fish’ because of the unique configuration of its eyes.
- Anableps tetrophthalmus, the four-eyed fish, inhabits the rivers of Mexico and northern South America.
- Anableps, the four-eyed fish, frequents the rivers and estuaries from southern Mexico to northern South America.
Definition of four-eyed fish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan