Definition of four-eyed fish in English:
A small livebearing freshwater fish of tropical America. Each eye is divided into two, allowing the fish to see both above and below the water while swimming at the surface.
- Family Anablepidae and genus Anableps: several species
- One of the strangest fish in the world is Anableps anableps, commonly called the ‘four-eyed fish’ because of the unique configuration of its eyes.
- Anableps tetrophthalmus, the four-eyed fish, inhabits the rivers of Mexico and northern South America.
- Anableps, the four-eyed fish, frequents the rivers and estuaries from southern Mexico to northern South America.
Definition of four-eyed fish in:
- British & World English dictionary