- The hunting, shooting, or trapping of wildfowl.More example sentences
- He was a man of many hobbies which included, hunting, fowling and both track and coursing.
- Low-intensity agricultural system based on fishing and fowling was replaced by a high-intensity system based on arable crops.
- Winslow continues: ‘Our harvest being gotten in, our Governor sent foure men on fowling; so that we might after a more speciall manner rejoyce together, after we had gathered the fruit of our labours.’
- More example sentences
- His earlier ancestors had prowled the delta marshes near Bubastis, and lived as hunters and fowlers for millennia.
- The very popular event attracts fowlers from all over the North Kerry area and it is always a night of fun and frolics.
- This year November 1st fell on a Tueday and most of the would be fowlers were at their work or behind their desks instead of roaming around the fields.
More definitions of fowlingDefinition of fowling in:
- The British & World English dictionary