- A slow-spreading viral disease of birds that produces wartlike nodules on the skin. Infestations sometimes threaten commercial poultry interests.
More example sentences
- Avipoxvirus, family Poxviridae
- Since fowlpox is among the largest of viruses, containing more than 200 genes, it is not surprising to find spontaneous, genetic exchange occurring between distinct viruses attacking the same birds.
- This serious limitation is not observed with canarypox or fowlpox vectors but applies to BCG, poliovirus, or human adenovirus.
- A new form of fowlpox, he said, now threatens poultry production and requires a new vaccine strategy.