Definition of francolin in English:
A large game bird resembling a partridge, with bare skin on the head or neck, found in Africa and southern Asia.
- Genus Francolinus, family Phasianidae: many species
- There are herons, ducks, geese, ospreys, eagles, vultures, pelicans, gulls, plovers, avocets, storks, francolins, guinea fowls and many more.
- This variety of habitats also holds many rare plants and birds, such as the giant lobelia and the forest francolin.
- Along with the common ringneck pheasant and chukar partridge, the rare ‘blue’ pheasant (listed as ‘green’ by the State Department of Fish and Game), black francolin, gray francolin, and both lace-necked and barred doves can be pursued.
Words that rhyme with francolinGwendolen • mescaline
Definition of francolin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.