Relating to the ancient Franks or their language.
- But it was in 1165 that Frederick Barbarossa had the Frankish emperor Charlemagne canonized and a liturgical cult spread across Europe thereafter.
- The French have barred Henry's claim by holding up an ancient Frankish law (the Salic Law) that does not allow inheritance through women.
- Wilfrid was spokesman for the visiting Frankish bishop Agilbert from Wessex, and his priest Agatho, main advocates for Rome.
The West Germanic language of the ancient Franks.
- The northern tongue was influenced by Frankish, the Germanic language of the Franks, who gave their name to both France and French.
- He studied Latin and Greek, though he spoke only Frankish.
- The room was mixed with conversations in Gaelic, Roman, Galic, and Frankish.
Words that rhyme with Frankishprankish
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Frankish in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.