verb (fraps, frapping, frapped)[with object] Nautical
- Bind (something) tightly.More example sentences
- When you do that, the frapping will only catch the outer wrap and the lashing will loosen quickly.
- Strain the frapping turns tightly and finish the lashing with a clove hitch around any convenient spar.
- The entire route needs accurate planning with the kit in watertight sacks/barrel and frapped in the canoe.
Middle English (in the sense 'strike, beat,' now only dialect): from Old French fraper 'to bind, strike', of unknown origin. The current sense dates from the mid 16th century.
More definitions of frapDefinition of frap in:
- The British & World English dictionary