1A person who does not have any commitments that restrict their actions.
- He allows her to travel with him on the condition that it is a temporary arrangement - that he is a free agent and is not in any way committed to her.
- The dot com revolution spawned a whole new generation of savvy, job hopping free agents who each said proudly they were their own security.
- However, we should keep in mind that Senators to some extent are free agents.
1.1A sports player who is not bound by a contract and so is eligible to join any team.
- The team will focus on keeping its players rather than signing free agents.
- Once they decide on two or three players, the other free agents will have to scramble to find a big contract elsewhere.
- The team focused on signing free agents and drafting players that would put the team before themselves.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: free a·gent
Definition of free agent in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.