Definition of free-handed in English:
Generous, especially with money.
- After all, the Liberals' policy leaves them far from free-handed.
- I know a lot of people who call themselves anarchists and not one of them believes in things like mob rule, free-handed violence, complete chaos and destruction.
- Ardent and prompt, warm-hearted, free-handed, they always respond with the enthusiasm of youth to everything that is true, sincere.
- Example sentences
- And free-handedness in this way makes up for other traits of character which are not so desirable.
- Behind his magnificent free-handedness and careless disregard for money were hard, practical judgment, imagination and vision, and the daring of the big gambler.
Definition of free-handed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan