- A hermaphrodite or imperfect sterile female calf that is the twin of a male calf whose hormones affected its development.More example sentences
- Lillie looked at the anatomical characteristics of the freemartin, the sexually abnormal co-twin of a male calf, usually possessing female as well as male external genitalia.
- Although the external genitalia of the freemartin may appear normal, the internal organs are abnormal in greater or lesser degrees.
- One heifer was later found as a freemartin and, therefore, was excluded from the trial.
late 17th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of freemartinDefinition of freemartin in:
- The British & World English dictionary