- A small southern African plant of the iris family, with fragrant, colorful, tubular flowers, many varieties of which are cultivated for use by florists.
More example sentences
- Genus Freesia, family Iridaceae
- There is a wide variety to choose from, among which are freesias, ixias, sparaxis, lachenalia and Dutch Iris.
- Other local favorites for fall planting include freesias, Anemone coronaria, and rununculus.
- She handed me my bouquet of calla lilies, freesias, and irises.
modern Latin, named after Friedrich H. T. Freese (died 1876), German physician.
More definitions of freesiaDefinition of freesia in:
- The British & World English dictionary