- 1An express highway, especially one with controlled access.More example sentences
- The implementation of a pedestrian project on the main roads and freeways is among the many objectives of the municipality to make the roads safe during the festive season.
- Terwin said yesterday the cars would be used for rapid response to emergencies, high-speed pursuit and patrolling dual carriageways and freeways.
- But once off the freeway and on the roads up into the mountains, it performed flawlessly.
- 1.1A toll-free highway.More example sentences
- Most of Ontario's highways are freeways supported by the tax-payer but it may be we are about to move to more user-fees such as those charged currently on Highway 407.
- French highways are not all freeways - the big ones are pay as you go.
More definitions of freewayDefinition of freeway in:
- The British & World English dictionary