- 1A ship or aircraft designed to carry goods in bulk.More example sentences
- The church is not that old, but hanging from the ceiling at various intervals are long wires strung with model boats - sailing ships, little freighters and fishing vessels - and one seaplane model.
- While tankers, freighters, and cruise ships also use this end of the bay, it is container ships that make it the nation's second-busiest port and (in my opinion) a good place to steer clear of.
- Every year, for example, oil tankers, freighters and cruise ships dump millions of litres of oil through routine exchanges of bilge water and other ship activities.
More definitions of freighterDefinition of freighter in:
- The British & World English dictionary