Definition of fricandeau in English:
noun (plural fricandeaux pronounced same or /-ˌdōz/)
1A slice of veal or beef loin.
- These are very small fricandeaux, two or three of which are served on one dish, and they sometimes also are delicate, but highly-flavoured minces, formed into any approved shapes.
- It may be used with the feather of a quill, to colour meats, such as the upper part of fricandeaux, and to impart colour to sauces.
1.1A dish made from veal or beef loin, usually fried or stewed and served with a sauce.
- The fricandeau is a typical meal of Lozère.
- The leg is used for cutlets, fricandeaux, stews and roasts, and for braising.
- It is a beautiful accompaniment to succulently poached white meat like breast of chicken, or fricandeau of veal.
Definition of fricandeau in:
- British & World English dictionary