Definition of fricandeau in English:
noun (plural fricandeaux pronounced same or /-ˌdōz/)
1A slice of veal or beef loin.
- These are very small fricandeaux, two or three of which are served on one dish, and they sometimes also are delicate, but highly-flavoured minces, formed into any approved shapes.
- It may be used with the feather of a quill, to colour meats, such as the upper part of fricandeaux, and to impart colour to sauces.
1.1A dish made from veal or beef loin, usually fried or stewed and served with a sauce.
- The fricandeau is a typical meal of Lozère.
- The leg is used for cutlets, fricandeaux, stews and roasts, and for braising.
- It is a beautiful accompaniment to succulently poached white meat like breast of chicken, or fricandeau of veal.
Definition of fricandeau in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan