Definition of friendship in English:
1The emotions or conduct of friends; the state of being friends.
- Yes, they say that your future partner is your best friend and that friendship can turn into love.
- We know we are capable of love, loyalty and friendship, however much we fall short of our own standards.
- Since their childhood they had been friends and their friendship blossomed into love.
1.1A relationship between friends: she formed close friendships with women
More example sentences
- You bring harmony in friendships and relationships with a light and playful attitude.
- Any close friendships or bonds that grow out of the events the women are planning will be a bonus, they say.
- You betray relationships and friendships, and that's an unpleasant thing to do.
1.2A state of mutual trust and support between allied nations.
- The purpose of the mission was to ask the French to establish an embassy in Ayutthaya and sign a treaty of friendship.
- This is part of our endeavour to build and strengthen bridges of friendship with other countries.
- The theme of this year's event was peace and friendship between China and Japan.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan