- An elongated deep-sea shark of snakelike appearance, with prominent gill covers that give the appearance of a frill around the neck.
More example sentences
- Chlamydoselachus anguineus, the only member of the family Clamydoselachidae
- Unfortunately, the frilled shark discovered in Japan didn't survive more than a couple of hours.
- In late January, a frilled shark was caught and in early February, a goblin shark was captured.
- Because frilled sharks live on the ocean floor, they may also feed on carrion floating down from the surface.