noun (plural same or frogfishes)
- An anglerfish that typically lives on the seabed, where its warty skin and color provide camouflage.
More example sentences
- Families Antennariidae (numerous species, including Antennaria hispidus of the Indo-Pacific), and Brachionichthyidae (four Australian species)
- When a fish is within striking distance, the frogfish jumps forward, opening its large mouth and engulfing its prey.
- So it's possible for a dark brown frogfish with a hairy body to be the very same species as a white frogfish with almost smooth skin.
- Their big attractions are frogfish, ghost pipefish and a shoal of batfish.
More definitions of frogfishDefinition of frogfish in:
- The British & World English dictionary