Definition of froglet in English:
1A small kind of frog.
- Several genera, including Crinia of Australia (family Myobatrachidae), and Philautus of Malaysia (family Rhacophoridae)
- Among other creatures, the lake vicinity is home to an endangered species, the Wallum froglet, and a breeding ground for the endangered Loggerhead turtle.
- In the Southwestern Australian scrubland, a host of strange - sounding animals could face extinction, including numbats and the squelching froglet.
- Tadpoles of the squelching froglet are usually found in the shallows of permanent and temporary water.
2A tiny frog that has recently developed from a tadpole.
- Mothers of the Jamaican cave frog species - Eleutherodactylus cundalli - carry their froglets from the cave into the rain forest.
- ‘This is really fascinating because, though males are known to guard eggs, they have never been known to transport the froglets,’ said Janalee P. Caldwell, specialist in amphibian biology at the University of Oklahoma.
- The tiny, freshly metamorphosed wood froglets then leave the water for a life on land.
Definition of froglet in:
- British & World English dictionary