1The part of a basketball court where each team tries to score against its opponent.
- First of all, it can be an effective means of moving your opponent to the front court while forcing a change of direction.
- As soon as the pass is made, the center girl should roll to the basket and both of the girls at half court should break into the front court.
- The ‘Inside-Out Move’ is one of the best advanced moves in the front court in basketball.
1.1The players on a team who usually play closest to the other team’s basket when trying to score.
- I think the Rockets, Grizzlies and Clippers all have a chance to have very good front courts next year.
- They have one of the best front courts in the country, whereas St. Joe's obviously doesn't.
- Anyways… to finish my rant here are teams with better front courts than the Wizards.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: front court
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.