noun[in singular] North American
- The maximum depth of ground below which the soil does not freeze in winter.More example sentences
- You could completely solve this problem by preparing a foundation for your pad that would extend down into the soil below the frost line, but this isn't practical for a pad of any size.
- Install small-diameter pipes below the frost line to prevent freezing.
- In the fall, they move down in the soil, usually below the frost line, to spend the winter.
More definitions of frost lineDefinition of frost line in:
- The British & World English dictionary