- Injury to body tissues caused by exposure to extreme cold, typically affecting the nose, fingers, or toes and sometimes resulting in gangrene.More example sentences
- Prolonged application of cold at very low temperatures can cause frostbite or nerve injuries.
- The condition has been known to arise from injuries as diverse as frostbite, leg ulcers and punctures from hypodermic syringes.
- In 1941 he treated a young Canadian for frostbite, and had to amputate the man's gangrenous fingers.
More definitions of frostbiteDefinition of frostbite in:
- The British & World English dictionary