- 1.1Frills or other ornamentation, particularly of women’s clothes: [as modifier]: a little froufrou skirtMore example sentences
- The rooms are filled with frou-frou frills, flowery saucers used as ashtrays, china figurines and over-gilded frames.
- There's an excess of flounces and frou-frou as swirling skirts, bangles, baubles, ribbons and bow trims come out to play.
- Do not expect, however, to see a neatly groomed canine on a leash, but rather, watch out for a sugar-and-spice type two-legged female dressed in pink frou-frou and a giant pom-pom on her head!
late 19th century: from French, imitative.
More definitions of froufrouDefinition of froufrou in:
- The British & World English dictionary