A deep red synthetic dye used as a biological stain and disinfectant.
- A chloride of rosaniline; chemical formula: C20H20N3Cl
More example sentences
- Serial 3 m sections were stained with 1% aqueous acid fuchsin, and counter-stained with 0.05% toluidine blue.
- Sections were also stained with Luna's aldehyde fuchsin as well as with orcein for observation and quantification of elastic fibers.
- Schiff reagent is formed by the reaction of basic fuchsin with sulfurous acid.
mid 19th century: from German Fuchs 'fox', translating French Renard (the name of the chemical company that first produced fuchsin commercially) + -in1.
Definition of fuchsin in:
- The British & World English dictionary