- An element consisting of nuclear fuel and other materials for use in a reactor.More example sentences
- A nuclear reactor containing only fuel elements would be unusable because a chain reaction could probably not be sustained within it.
- Cesium - 137, which decays to nonradioactive barium, is found in spent fuel elements from nuclear reactors.
- Well, if they aimed a big enough rocket, I mean a missile with a big enough warhead, they could release radioactivity from the spent reactor fuel elements which could be quite serious.
More definitions of fuel elementDefinition of fuel element in:
- The British & World English dictionary