- Dough made from boiled and ground plantain or cassava, used as a staple food in parts of western and central Africa.More example sentences
- In Africa, fufu is made by boiling plantain, cassava, or rice, and then pounding it with a large wooden mortar and pestle.
- Bakongo enjoy one of several sauces, eaten with fufu or with rice.
- It's not very Atkins, but it is good, useful food: a solid belly filler, as anyone who's eaten African fufu or ugali will tell you.
mid 18th century: from Twi fufuu.
More definitions of fufuDefinition of fufu in:
- The British & World English dictionary