Definition of fugacious in English:
Tending to disappear; fleeting: she was acutely conscious of her fugacious youth
More example sentences
- They are very fugacious, and now and then apparently absent.
- Its flowers, however, are very fugacious, so much so that it is difficult to obtain good specimens, the mere gathering causing them to fall; hermaphrodite flowers, though carefully sought, were not seen.
- Example sentences
- As the fugaciously dour temperament slips his mind, he asks if he'll find what he's been searching for all this time.
- Ah, I weep for you, placid hours that disappeared from the scene of my life more rapidly and fugaciously than the lightning that shines on the dark road of the traveler.
- Tropic of Cancer is nothing short of a true reflection of life, caught fugaciously through the written word; and this is a monumental and heroic accomplishment.
- Example sentences
- If you are hunting, forget all about accounts collectable, bills unpayable, your wife's parting remarks, the fugaciousness of time, and the seductiveness of the next field.
- The title ‘still living’ is an obvious allusion to the art historical genre of the still life - depictions of Vanitas alluding to the passing of time in general and to the fugaciousness and transience of all human life.
- ‘Eclipses’ is the title given to a cycle of paintings (oil painting on beeswax) and drawings (gouaches, graphite on Japanese paper) that explores the butterfly phenomenon as an image of fugaciousness.
Words that rhyme with fugaciousAthanasius, audacious, bodacious, cactaceous, capacious, carbonaceous, contumacious, Cretaceous, curvaceous, disputatious, edacious, efficacious, fallacious, farinaceous, flirtatious, foliaceous, gracious, hellacious, herbaceous, Ignatius, loquacious, mendacious, mordacious, ostentatious, perspicacious, pertinacious, pugnacious, rapacious, sagacious, salacious, saponaceous, sebaceous, sequacious, setaceous, spacious, tenacious, veracious, vexatious, vivacious, voracious
Definition of fugacious in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan