- 1Satisfaction or happiness as a result of fully developing one’s abilities or character: she did not believe that marriage was the key to happiness and fulfillmentMore example sentences
- We are conscious too of where we stand on the scale of contentedness or satisfaction or fulfilment or plain happiness.
- Certainly the myopia of focusing on oneself and one's own happiness, fulfillment, or satisfaction alone is detrimental to any relationship.
- Usually the phrase ‘Follow your bliss’ refers to true happiness, joy and fulfillment.
- 2The achievement of something desired, promised, or predicted: winning the championship was the fulfillment of a childhood dreamMore example sentences
- The promise of unity and fulfilment of desire promised by the institution of marriage is also undermined by both the characters and the events in this play.
- Copacabana sounds like a world invented by advertising executives, designed to awaken burning desires and promise of their fulfilment.
- The necessary trust depends on benevolence to others, including strangers, honest dealing and fulfilment of promises entered into voluntarily.
- 2.1The meeting of a requirement or condition: the fulfillment of statutory requirementsMore example sentences
- For the technical requirements like phytosanitary fulfillments, the solution for Zambia would be to seek ways of building capacity so that potential exporters to that market meet these.
- All were volunteers participating in exchange for partial fulfilment of a course requirement.
- A student, however, concerned over fulfillment of the graduation requirements, would not have time to even contemplate deviating from the course material.
- 2.2The performance of a task, duty, or role as required, pledged, or expected.More example sentences
- Role-responsibility refers to the performance or fulfillment of the duties attached to a person's social role.
- The answer is that they can do so when the powers and obligations of a state are based on a social contract in which citizens delegate powers to the state and expect in exchange fulfilment of certain duties by it.
- Compensation will be given to ‘community volunteers’ in the form of a monthly allowance payable upon fulfilment of the performance required.
More definitions of fulfillmentDefinition of fulfillment in:
- The British & World English dictionary