Definition of full moon in English:
1The phase of the moon in which its whole disk is illuminated.
- A lunar eclipse occurs at full moon when the Moon crosses the ecliptic in opposition to the Sun.
- Seasonal variation in the moon's path through the night sky changes the variance in ambient moonlight between proximate new moons and full moons.
- I was very excited for the full moon / lunar eclipse on Saturday night.
1.1The time when the moon’s whole disk is illuminated: it was several days after full moon
More example sentences
- The study period was from January 1999 through February 2001, or twenty six full moons and months.
- Rather, the term blue moon refers to the second full moon in a calendar month, which occurred on Saturday.
- Easter Sunday is timed to coincide with the first Sunday following the first full moon of the vernal equinox.
Definition of full moon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan