Definition of fullback in English:
1 Football An offensive player in the backfield.
- Though he could be an imposing force on the defensive line, he was downright scary rumbling out of the backfield as a fullback, plowing a path for teammate Walter Payton.
- Holcombe is a durable, versatile player who played fullback and running back for the Rams.
- The team lost some flexibility at tight end with the departure of Conwell, who could play on the line, in the backfield as a fullback or go in motion.
2(In a game such as soccer or field hockey) a player in a defensive position at the side of the field.
- One of the league's best blocking fullbacks and an improving runner, Christian missed the final two games in 1998 and all of the playoffs after tearing the ACL and MCL in the same knee.
- Tight defending by fullbacks kept the tenacious Battyeford side at bay.
- Defense is all the team, it's not just midfielders, fullbacks and the goalkeeper.
Definition of fullback in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.