Definition of fulmar in English:
A gull-sized gray and white seabird of the petrel family, with a stocky body and tubular nostrils.
- Genus Fulmarus, family Procellariidae: two species, in particular the northern fulmar (F. glacialis) of the arctic
- Adélie penguins, Cape petrels, southern fulmars, and six other species were observed for the study.
- In spring and summer these become home to thousands of sea birds like guillemots, razorbills, puffins, fulmars and kittiwakes.
- There's always the chance of a minke whale, too, while terns, fulmars, guillemots, puffins and shearwaters come as standard.
Words that rhyme with fulmarzeugma
Definition of fulmar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia