A gull-sized gray and white seabird of the petrel family, with a stocky body and tubular nostrils.
- Genus Fulmarus, family Procellariidae: two species, in particular the northern fulmar (F. glacialis) of the arctic
More example sentences
- Adélie penguins, Cape petrels, southern fulmars, and six other species were observed for the study.
- In spring and summer these become home to thousands of sea birds like guillemots, razorbills, puffins, fulmars and kittiwakes.
- There's always the chance of a minke whale, too, while terns, fulmars, guillemots, puffins and shearwaters come as standard.
Definition of fulmar in:
- The British & World English dictionary