- 1An expression of vehement protest: the fulminations of media moralistsMore example sentences
- Despite the media's constant fulminations against Ireland's libel laws, the appetite for taking a high-cost libel suit to the High Court appears to be on the wane.
- The right-wing media in the US have been full of fulminations against ‘the French,’ ‘the Japanese’ and so forth.
- Despite Melott's fulminations against common sense,’ his object of scorn is an insulated elite the Kansas Board of Education.
- 1.1A violent explosion or a flash like lightning.More example sentences
- In any case, the minister has since, as I noted above, artfully backed away from his previous excitable fulminations.