- Reddish yellow; tawny.More example sentences
- ‘Maybe I cannot… ‘thoughtfully she stared at fulvous fallen faded leaves on the marble quay of deserted Heliopolis, ‘but what shall we expect now?’
- It was a minute anatomical and generally descriptive account of the large fulvous Ourang-Outang of the East Indian Islands.
- His pants are a pale fulvous color and made of the sort of polyester material that never wrinkles.
mid 17th century: from Latin fulvus + -ous.
More definitions of fulvousDefinition of fulvous in:
- The British & World English dictionary