- A tightrope walker.More example sentences
- The masked funambulist Ginés de Pasamonte was disguised as the puppeteer Master Pedro?
- Then, from one generation the next, the Venetians battled the elements like funambulists walking a tight-rope.
- After all, both men were both expert funambulists, having risen to the rank of Black Belt in the Ringling Brothers School of Aerial Arts.
late 18th century: from French funambule or Latin funambulus (from funis 'rope' + ambulare 'to walk') + -ist.
More definitions of funambulistDefinition of funambulist in:
- The British & World English dictionary