- Having the shape of or resembling a fungus or mushroom.More example sentences
- Lamellae within the inner exocuticle are tangential to the cuticular surface but become undulose beneath each fungiform structure, creating a surface of small, equally-spaced domes in dorsal view.
- In species characterized by larger adults, but which also possess fungiform structures and a pebbled surface, there is often an additional morphological feature that would serve to anchor the animal.
- In crosssection, the caps are the upper, thickened portion of fungiform structures arising from convolution of exocuticle.
More definitions of fungiformDefinition of fungiform in:
- The British & World English dictionary