- Resembling, caused by, or having the nature of a fungus.More example sentences
- Although less harmful to plants, sulfur is also less effective against many fungous diseases than Bordeaux, the universal fungicide which, unfortunately, tends to burn the foliage under certain environmental conditions.
- Any of several fungous or viral diseases are characterized by yellow spotting on the leaves
- Topical treatment of a fungous infection of the skin and nail is with miconazole nitrate cream.
late Middle English: from Latin fungosus, from fungus (see fungus).
More definitions of fungousDefinition of fungous in:
- The British & World English dictionary