Definition of fungus gnat in English:
A slender and delicate fly whose larvae feed chiefly on fungi.
- Family Mycetophilidae: numerous species
- They're being eaten by the larvae of the fungus gnat.
- The family appears to be a member of the extant group Sciaroidea, which includes fungus gnats and gall midges, though precise relationships remain unclear.
- The hunter fly's soil-dwelling larvae are also predatory, feeding mainly on larvae of other insects, including fungus gnats.
Definition of fungus gnat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan