(chiefly British also frusemide)
- A synthetic compound with a strong diuretic action, used especially in the treatment of edema.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C12H11ClN2O5S
- Her symptoms improved after treatment with intravenous furosemide and metoprolol.
- Chlorothiazide may be given with furosemide to boost its diuretic effects, depending on the patient's fluid retention status.
- Despite immediate treatment with furosemide and dexamethasone, two full codes, and pacemaker placement, the patient died within four hours postoperatively.
More definitions of furosemideDefinition of furosemide in:
- The British & World English dictionary