Definition of fusarium in English:
1A mold of a large genus, many of which cause plant diseases, especially wilting.
- Genus Fusarium, subdivision Deuteromycotina.
- The fusarium strain to blame is specific to basil; it's a little different from the fusariums that bother beans, tomatoes and other crops.
- Although Panama disease is not economically important in the American tropics at the moment, strains of fusaria capable of infecting Cavendish varieties may reach the Americas in the foreseeable future.
- Teleomorphs described for fusaria in 9 of 11 sections all belong to the Hypocreales either in Gibberella, Nectria, or Neocosmospora.
1.1Infestation with fusarium or related molds.
- Anthracnose, fusarium, and gibberella have already been reported; charcoal rot will likely be observed soon.
- Fertilizing bulbs too close to flowering time, when the bulbs can't metabolize the food, only encourages fusarium and other nasty things.
- He also gets an occasional attack of fusarium on his greens which he has to treat with a fungicide.
Definition of fusarium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.