Definition of fusarium in English:
1A mold of a large genus, many of which cause plant diseases, especially wilting.
- Genus Fusarium, subdivision Deuteromycotina.
- The fusarium strain to blame is specific to basil; it's a little different from the fusariums that bother beans, tomatoes and other crops.
- Although Panama disease is not economically important in the American tropics at the moment, strains of fusaria capable of infecting Cavendish varieties may reach the Americas in the foreseeable future.
- Teleomorphs described for fusaria in 9 of 11 sections all belong to the Hypocreales either in Gibberella, Nectria, or Neocosmospora.
1.1Infestation with fusarium or related molds.
- Anthracnose, fusarium, and gibberella have already been reported; charcoal rot will likely be observed soon.
- Fertilizing bulbs too close to flowering time, when the bulbs can't metabolize the food, only encourages fusarium and other nasty things.
- He also gets an occasional attack of fusarium on his greens which he has to treat with a fungicide.
Definition of fusarium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia