Definition of fusionist in English:
1A person who strives for coalition between political parties or factions.
- In the 60's we had traditionalists, fusionists, libertarians, etc.
- What the libertarian has to offer, the fusionists maintain, is a good understanding of the meaning of freedom, of the dangers facing it, and especially of the connection between economic and other forms of freedom.
- Shouldn't the fusionists have hailed and come to the support of these educational opposition movements?
2A player or fan of music that is mixture of two modern styles.
- Unfortunately, there are occasions when the group skirt dangerously close to the same easy-listening tar pits that have ensnared so many post-rock fusionists.
- Jacko may have ruled the pop music scene for a good portion of the late ‘70s and early ‘80s, but jazz fusionists Metalwood recall a jazz scene from a similar time that was ruled by another Jaco - Pastorius, to be precise.
- No one had told him that you couldn't put rockers like the Pink Fairies' Paul Rudolph or Roxy's Paul Thompson in the same studio as out-and-out fusionists such as Percy Jones or avant-gardists like Holger Czukay.
- Example sentences
- Yes, fusionism began to rapidly fall apart once the Soviet Union fell and the individualist conservatives saw they had little in common with the neocon statists/militarists.
- The impending breakup of fusionism shows that this is only true insofar as dramatic changes are made to the character of the American Right itself - changes many who have labored under its banner want no part of.
- For neoconservatives, such a fusionism would provide the wiggle room in the budget to increase the size of the military to a size they believe is more appropriate.
Words that rhyme with fusionistdiffusionist, exclusionist, illusionist
Definition of fusionist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.