1Having or involving very modern technology or design: a swimming pool and futuristic dome
More example sentences
- This year the challenge was to design an innovative and futuristic solution for winter warmth.
- At one point of time, all the jewels on display are futuristic in design, even to the point of appearing bizarre to the uninitiated.
- Now designs for the futuristic development are set to follow shortly, subject to approval from city planning officers.
1.1(Of a film or book) set in the future, typically in a world of advanced or menacing technology.
- And believe me, there is nothing schmaltzy about this riveting futuristic film noir thriller.
- But one has to foresee the developments in the future to do a futuristic film.
- As a futuristic, gothic thriller, however, the film is somewhat lacking.
- Example sentences
- Nowadays, the heart of the computer is more likely to be a sleek, futuristically designed container that is both easy on the eye and handy to move around as well.
- The futuristically styled megastore in Hong Kong, with 2,000 square meters of retail space, is located at a new prime office building in the downtown Central district and will open for business Nov.1.
- If you happen to select the wrong part, which is virtually inevitable, you are treated to a futuristically melancholy ‘sorry, pal!’
Definition of futuristic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.