- A bony fish of an order (Gadiformes) that comprises the cods, hakes, and their relatives.More example sentences
- Most assessments on capture-induced skin injury have been conducted on gadoids and herring.
- Rockling fry, like those of other gadoids, drift at the surface for their first few months.
- By-catches of gadoids and hake in the Nephrops fisheries are often considerable.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin gadus (from Greek gados 'cod') + -oid.
More definitions of gadoidDefinition of gadoid in:
- The British & World English dictionary