- The chemical element of atomic number 64, a soft silvery-white metal of the lanthanide series. (Symbol: Gd)More example sentences
- However, both germination and elongation are significantly inhibited by the inclusion of calcium channels blockers, including lanthanum, gadolinium, or verapamil.
- In contrast, the prolonged increase in cytosolic calcium was greatly enhanced in the presence of gadolinium or lanthanum chloride.
- It has been known since the late 1970s that paramagnetic metal ions such as gadolinium improve the MRI signal, but the toxicity of these uncomplexed metal ions has limited their use.
late 19th century: from gadolinite.
More definitions of gadoliniumDefinition of gadolinium in:
- The British & World English dictionary