Definition of gaillardia in English:
An American plant of the daisy family, cultivated for its bright red and yellow flowers.
- Genus Gaillardia, family Compositae
- Some flowers that were suggested included the dogwood, syringa, gaillardia, Washington holly, wild rose, and marguerite.
- There are the usual gomphrena, gaillardia, kochia, portulaca, zinnia, amaranthus (cock's comb), balsam and sunflower.
- It may overwinter like most gaillardias but is being marketed as an annual.
Modern Latin, named in memory of Gaillard de Marentonneau, 18th-century French amateur botanist.
Words that rhyme with gaillardiaNadia, tachycardia
Definition of gaillardia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.