- A food or drug that promotes or increases the flow of a mother’s milk.More example sentences
- The oils of the seed increase milk flow which explains its folk use as a galactagogue.
- Some of the most commonly used herbal galactagogues are fenugreek, blessed thistle, and alfalfa.
- As it increases prolactin levels, it is accepted for use as a galactagogue to increase breast milk supply.
mid 19th century: from Greek gala, galakt- 'milk' + agōgos 'leading'.
More definitions of galactagogueDefinition of galactagogue in:
- The British & World English dictionary