- 1Of or relating to a galaxy or galaxies, especially the Milky Way galaxy.More example sentences
- The galactic centre of our galaxy is one of Integral's prime targets.
- Why, given its exceedingly smooth beginnings, is the universe so clumpy, on all scales from galaxies to galactic superclusters?
- The cyclical nature of our weather changes point to the variables in our solar system and even galactic variations.
- 1.1 Astronomy Measured relative to the galactic equator.More example sentences
- Out past Fomalhaut, toward the south galactic pole, the stars fade.
- This map is plotted in galactic coordinates - the plane of the Milky Way galaxy passes across the middle of this chart with the zero point of galactic latitude and longitude pointing directly at the galactic centre.
mid 19th century: from Greek galaktias (variant of galaxias 'galaxy') + -ic.
More definitions of galacticDefinition of galactic in:
- The British & World English dictionary