- The great circle passing as closely as possible through the densest parts of the Milky Way.More example sentences
- It will be the start of a new era resulting from and signified by the solar meridian crossing the galactic equator, and the earth aligning itself with the center of the galaxy.
- The galactic equator has moved from it's maximum north position and is once again straight and overhead.
- The galactic latitude between the galactic equator and the south galactic pole is negative.
More definitions of galactic equatorDefinition of galactic equator in:
- The British & World English dictionary