Definition of gall midge in English:
A small, delicate midge that induces gall formation in plants or may cause other damage to crops.
- Family Cecidomyiidae: numerous genera and species
- Sampson is also looking at ways to control the blueberry gall midge, a fly that attacks the flower and leaf buds of blueberry plants.
- Other pests include gypsy moth caterpillars, gall midge, and scale.
- More recently, the gall midge has moved into the Houston area and become a cause of bud drop.
Definition of gall midge in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.