Definition of gall mite in English:
A minute mite that is parasitic on plants, typically living inside buds and causing them to form hard galls.
- Family Eriophyidae, order Prostigmata: numerous species, in particular Cecidophyopsis ribis, which affects black-currant bushes, causing big bud and transmitting the reversion virus
- There are a few pests to watch for that like fuchsias such as spider mites, thrips, whiteflies, aphids, and fuchsia gall mites.
- Nevertheless, keep an eye out for fuchsia gall mites, fuchsia rust, whiteflies, and aphids.
- Resistance to gall mite has been a breeding objective in most blackcurrant programmes for many years.
Definition of gall mite in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan