(also gallberry holly)
Definition of gallberry in English:
noun (plural gallberries)
A North American holly with shiny leaves and white flowers.
- Genus Ilex, family Aquifoliaceae: the tall gallberry (I. coriacea) of the southeastern US, and the more widespread low gallberry (I. glabra), with black berries and nearly spineless leaves
- A human path through the swamp is carved with a machete, although the resulting trail often seems like a feeble attempt at penetrating the hidden blackwater ponds and the massive jungles of titi, smilax, gallberry, cypress, and gum.
- I was stunned until I took a walk through the woods and found gallberries and palmetto berries everywhere.
- He also planted hundreds of fruiting shrubs including blueberries, gallberries, and hollies.
Definition of gallberry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan