(also gallberry holly)
Definition of gallberry in English:
noun (plural gallberries)
A North American holly with shiny leaves and white flowers.
- Genus Ilex, family Aquifoliaceae: the tall gallberry (I. coriacea) of the southeastern US, and the more widespread low gallberry (I. glabra), with black berries and nearly spineless leaves
- A human path through the swamp is carved with a machete, although the resulting trail often seems like a feeble attempt at penetrating the hidden blackwater ponds and the massive jungles of titi, smilax, gallberry, cypress, and gum.
- I was stunned until I took a walk through the woods and found gallberries and palmetto berries everywhere.
- He also planted hundreds of fruiting shrubs including blueberries, gallberries, and hollies.
Definition of gallberry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.